Monday 26 October 2015

Revamping Life: I Would Build A Prototype In The Next 8 Weeks!

I once heard a TED talk that discouraged people from sharing their goals before they achieve it, mainly for the fear of feeling it has been achieved (Effect of people praising your effort).

To some extent, I believe the theory proposed in the talk, on the other hand, I believe we as human tend to be more accountable of our time and action provided we tell others about our moves, we wouldn't want to come short, we wouldn't want to portray our self as a quitter, so when we set a goal and tell others about it, we would eventually do our best to achieve the said goal.


Based on this school of though, I have decided to share my goal for the next few weeks, and hopefully, I wouldn't end up quitting because am writing about it.

For the next eight weeks, I would be brushing up my skills in programming (Python and Django web frame work), the idea is to learn enough to be able to create a prototype for an web app I recently conceive.

Today, being the day one. I have successfully install python on my laptop computer, and I downloaded the book "Learning Python the Hard Way". I would frequently come here as time would permit to document my progress, and hopefully, It would be a great journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment